Saturday, August 2, 2008

Crosswind Landings

Hi everyone. On Friday I got to practice landings for the first time. It’s actually a lot easier than some of you might think! It’s the crosswinds that are pretty difficult. Anyways, we did about four landings before the weather got really bad. My instructor did the first one to demonstrate how it was going to be done. After that it was all me! My first landing was a bit fast and a tad high but I still got it down in one piece! Hopefully all the landings are that easy..

My next one i flared to early and we fell about three feet and hit the ground rather hard. Ouch! Everyone makes mistakes. My instructor said it wasn’t all my fault, he told me to flare so I did. Then we did a go-around. We started approaching the runway and then he told me to go-around. That means to hit the throttle and climb back up, circle around and do it again.

The last landing was actually quite good! We had a good approach, slightly high but that’s easy to adjust. I floated right across the threshold and flared. I touched down just after the numbers.

It was a fun lesson and hope we get to do landings again very soon!

As of 6/13/08 I have a total of 6.8 hours logged.


Taylor

No comments: