Sunday, October 5, 2008

FIRST SOLO!

Hey Everybody! Yesterday was the "BIG" day. I got to do my very first solo! I was pretty excited. I first went up with JP to practice stalls again one more time in case it happened in the pattern and then we practiced a few landings.

After that we were taxiing back to Runway 30 to do another take-off and JP said, "I want you to do three full-stop landings" He then opened the door, hopped out, said Have fun and see you when you get home.

Then I was all alone, I turned around and called the take-off on the unicom and took to the skies with just myself and the plane. What a difference! The plane is lighter and handles a lot differently. It climbs quicker, turns quicker, all that stuff. My first landing was a little wobbly and kinda hard. My second landing was a tiny bit better, although it was more of a three-point then it was a flare. My third landing was probably the best, I could have flared a bit higher, but hey, to late now right?

I taxied back to the parking apron and got out where I got my solo certificate and a T-Shirt. It was a great day, No winds, No clouds, I'm glad it worked out in my favor. However guess what? What a day to forget the camera right?! Oh well, there will be other chances.

Thanks Guys!

As of 10/4/08 I have a total of 13.2 Dual hours and 0.5 PIC (Pilot In Command) hours.

My new total number of landings is 39.

Till next time-
Taylor

No comments: